Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Project Cabby-Back on the road

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
gunman
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure many of you have already read my previous posts about the wife's cabby geting rear ended a couple of months back. Well, even though liabilty was established within a week it has all jst been finalised now. We have got the car back on Wednesday this week and work begins tomorrow to put it back on the road. The good news is it wasn't written off so there's no hassle and I've spoken to my sprayer and he can spray it in the first week of January.

I've been out tonight and sprayed the slam panel bits from a can just so I can fit them in the morning. I'll post up some pics of the damage tomorrow and as work progresses.

Oh, one question, the guy (knob head!) that was there when I picked it up seems to have used a 4 ft crowbar to open the bonnet, busting the fixing lugs off one of the headlights. It wasnt damaged in the crash as I had checked. The car has elipsiods, can the back part of a coupe lamp be used to fix this or am I looking at buying a new lamp?

AOC Member 1519 
gunman
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

OK, Been out already this morning, damage is minimal, thank goodness. I have all the parts needed to fix thanks to members of this forum.

Face a bit dented:

There is also a small kink in the bonnet too just out of view on that pic so a replacement bonnet is sitting wiating to go on.

Slam Panel a bit twisted:

The rad is bent a bit too but still holding water.

Bootlid:

Not sure whether to actually replace the bootlid or just panel beat which would be the less time consuming. There are a couple of wee stress cracks beside the catch on the underside of the boot:

Both bumpers are obviously done in too but I didn't bother with pics.

AOC Member 1519 
gunman
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a right bit done to this now, the back end is more or less sorted out now except the paint. I still need to fix up the bumper tot he rear wheel arch but the wife took the lock nut out of the car before it got lifted nad guess what, the bag she put it in had a hole in it????????????

Rear end all back in shape:

I've dismantled the front now too, going to need a new radiator (or a re-core) as the bracket on the crossmember has been pushed back and hit it, it may be slightly leaking, it;'s hard to tell but we'll renew anyways.

O/S fog is smashed at the back too but I'm not convinced it was the accident that did it. Need one of them now too. O/S headlamp is done in as well, looking at it I dont think it looks like a coupe one could be used to repair it.

Have to take the kids to see santa now so there wont be any more progress today (Can't do much untill I get a rad anyways).

AOC Member 1519 
jas11n
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Post facelift (1992►) Coupe headlamp will fit Wink

1995 S2 Coupe - sold
1995 A6 Avant TDi - sold
1993 80 TDi - sold
1990 90 2.3 auto - scrapped
1989 Coupe 2.3e - sold
1990 cq20v - sold
1990 80 2.8 quattro - sold 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

View next topic
View previous topic