Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - audi 80 tdi cruise control up and running.

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
wesgt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got cruise control fitted to my 94 audi 80 tdi avant today. Ordered the "kit" from kufatec, if you can call it a kit.
Came with no instructions at all, emailed them about this and they just told me they had no further information. This was after waiting 3 weeks for the part in the first place, and unanswered emails, very poor customer service.
The stalk I received didn't even fit, the housing was a bigger diameter than my standard stalk, so I had to take apart both stalks to make one functioning cruise stalk that fit, kufatec never had mention of any of this.
In the end I got all working but if I knew then what i know now I wouldn't go near them and needless to say I will never order anything from them again.
Anyway, I spent a lot of time searching for information, finding bits and pieces everywhere, in the end it was help from dieseljim on audifans in the form of a wiring diagram that sorted the problem.
If your ecu has cruise, enable it via vagcom, check for this 6pin blue plug in the drivers footwell

The wires from the stalk run to this plug by following this diagram

E45 being the stalk and t6v being the blue plug

all put back together and running perfectly

The brake and clutch switches are already there so it's just a matter of wiring and enabling via vagcom and you're cruising!

Moral of the story, stay away from kufatec!!

DieselJim
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well done, it's good to know it does work when you retrofit cruise yourself based on t'Internet here say

So what's next on your list?

Cheers n beers

Jim

wesgt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Jim. Just a bit of tidying next, few niggly marks I need to take care of and a good valet also! Want to get a nice set of dished wheels and lower it a tad, i'm a poor student so they're long term plans Very Happy

View next topic
View previous topic