Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - temperature guage

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
totalE
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ok, one more issue to solve, lol

the temperature gauge on my coupe packed in the day after i bought it (i knew the previous owner, so knew it worked fine before, lol)

i have replaced the temp sender on the back of the head (1994 2.0 16v) which didn't seem to make the slightest bit of difference.

is tehre an easy way to test the gauge in the dash actually works or not, as i'm not convinced its that that's at fault, my thoughts are more towards a wiring fault.

merton
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

there's loads of info on the temp gauge problem on the forum , if you do a search you should find the answers you need, just in case you didn't know, there are two sensors for the temp, one for the ecu and one for the dash gauge, the ecu sensor is two pin and the gauge sensor should be three or four pin, i think the four pin is fitted if you have air con, the dash is well know for playing up with poor conections causing problems , there are two screws that fix through the pcb to connect the temp gauge and these can need attention. if you search you will find some guides with pictures.

AudiCroatia
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php/6131-Repairing-intermittent-water-temp-and-fuel-gauges-(80-90-100) this solved my problem Smile

matdav

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers AudiCroatia - after about 4 years of dodgy fuel readings and more recently temperature nothingness, the link you posted has saved my sanity.

AudiCroatia
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

matdav wrote:
Cheers AudiCroatia - after about 4 years of dodgy fuel readings and more recently temperature nothingness, the link you posted has saved my sanity.

No problem, I am glad I helped Smile

totalE
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i'm still having a problem with this, but i've just now noticed the replies. away out with a screwdriver the now Smile

Matt-Matt
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

AudiCroatia wrote:
matdav wrote:

No problem, I am glad I helped Smile

I did this to mine when I got it after the fuel just dropping to empty randomly and it helped a lot. I pulled it out after around 6 months and a little corrosion had started again so I'd probably do it once a year to be sure. It happens on B3's and B4's too as my B3 also had it.

While you're at it, you may want to replace the old globes with some LED's (one of mine was going dim) and I've put red LED's in now. You could do any color you wanted. Red would be prefferable though due to the orange film on it already or white to keep the original orange color.

My B4 (260kph speedo) uses 7x T5 8.5D "indicator lights"

View next topic
View previous topic