Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - SD Card in RNS-E

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Mike56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 54 plate 2005 A6 Avant with RNS-E. It has 2 SD Card readers. It will read 4gb cards as long as they are SD not SDHC. I have tried several methods to load music. The latest being using this - http://sourceforge.net/projects/rnse-mp3-mgr/
It appears to work well. I've load 15 folders with 512 tracks. This is only 2.5gb so I could try doing it on 2 gb cards and just a few less tracks. However every time I load the card there are either some tracks or even some groups of tracks that just will not work. The player sees them but when selected it jumps to the next playable track. I now have no Bruce Springsteen; it jumps past all 30 odd tracks and no Mumford and Sons. What's wrong? They play on the computer from the card just not in the car.
Confused Evil or Very Mad

wookie
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

You've probably sorted this now, but it's worth noting that 4G non-SDHC was an out-of-spec bodge that sometimes worked. Bottom line is that the SD spec. hit an upper limit on addressing data at 2G. SDHC added more address bits to get round this. What you're probably seeing is a result of the RNS-E only accessing the bottom 2G of the 4G card ( a bit like Windows XP not seeing all of a 4G memory space).

The manual only claims support for up to 256M, but I suspect that that was the largest card available when the RNS-E was introduced. Mines's fine with 2G cards.

Andy

View next topic
View previous topic