Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Fuel lines

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
she63

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have replaced the fuel lines on my wifes 96 Cab. Now I am pretty certain that I replaced them in the correct order. However obviously things don't always go how you expect. The engine starts and runs although still on axle stands at present so not under load or any distance, the problem now is that once the engine is turned off fuel starts to leak under the car from the overflow of the charcoal filter. This suggests to me that the return pipe and the pipe feeding the charcoal filter are fitted incorrectly. However before I go swapping things around and potentially making things worse can anyone describe which line from the tank serves which purpose or of course any other suggestions as to what maybe causing this. Bearing in mind that the car has stood for approximately 2 years and I was taking advantage of lock down to get it ready for the MOT.

Mikes2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

carbon canister line is normally the middle of the 3.

I'd expect the feed to be on the outside of the vehicle nearest the sill and the return nearest the exhaust.

Easy enough to check when you follow the lines. You can always bridge the fuel pump relay for a few seconds to confirm the feed

View next topic
View previous topic