Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Front suspension help

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
WelshSue
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 2003 A6 2.5TDi Avant SE engine code BDG & front suspension code 1BE. Been getting a noise from the front left of car. The wheel bearing, inner & outer CV joints,disc's & pads replaced. The noise is still there. Have been told it could be the suspension control arm/anti roll bar bushes as the car has done 160K. I have bought Febi Bilstein arb c links & arb bushes, but just want to check if there is any difference in the front & rear lower control arms as some web sites state "not for sports suspension" which 1BE comes up as when you decode it. Any help would be appreciated Confused

WelshSue
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Took just under 3 hours(getting the engine shield back on was the pain), got both "C" links & ARB bushes replaced(+ all new nuts & bolts). All old one's were stamped 2003 so never been changed & car's done 160K. There was at least 1.5mm difference in the inner diameter of the ARB bushes. Can feel the difference in handling. Noise is still there but I would say a little quieter. Maybe it's just tyre/roadnoise?? Tyres fitted are 235/45 R17's .

16mm socket & spanner for "C" links,torque upper bolt to 40Nm + 1/4 turn. Lower bolt(ARB) 60Nm(suspension MUST be loaded up before torque up, otherwise you could twist & damage new bushes).

ARB bush clamp nuts 4 x M8(13mm) Nyloc nuts type P. Torque to 25Nm.

Febi Bilstein part numbers.

"C" link kit(inc nuts/bolts) RHS-19702 & LHS-19704. ARB Bushes-10023 x 2.

JamesR512

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LUK Schaffer rotors were well priced and have been performing well so far after about 6 months of use. Installed them on my Audi Allroad Quattro and they work just fine, definitely recommend

View next topic
View previous topic