Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Trying to figure out exactly what model I have - A3

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
sc0tt93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I have an A3 1.6 8v Special Edition. I bought this around 8 months ago for £3000 with 92K on the clock after being driven by a 50 something year old woman from new. I think I might have actually got a pretty good buy due to the spec on the car. I know the Special Editions are generally low spec, and I think they are the only one using the 1.6 8v engine. Was this just Audi's way of getting rid of excess engines from the old model? My A3 also has an S line badge on the boot where the "1.6" badge usually is, although I didn't think you could get an S line in the Special Edition. It also has the 17" sport alloys, Full Leather seats front & back, the better quality "Concert" audio system, and duel climate control with air con. I have yet to come across another model like this and really I'm just wanting to find out if this is actually a "A3 1.6 Special Edition S-Line"

Drue1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Probley that old lady had a son that did all that stuff to the car Laughing

rkennedy01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in a similar boat to the OP. I'm about to buy a used A3 here n the island of Mauritius. Its a 4 door and has the body styling and dash layout of the previous (pre-2012 model year) A3, however, the owner is selling it as a"2013" model

Now, it may very well be that the owner believes he bought a "2013" car because dealers and sellers tend to market their vehicles based on the date if was first registered as "on the road." A car could sit in the dealership's lot for a year and they'd still list the current year on the sales invoice.

However, based on the OP's comments, I am curious how I can determine exactly what model it is I'm about to purchase. As I mentioned, the car is a 4 door hatch. It has the panoramic sunroom, big (17 inch or bigger not sure) alloy wheels, instrument conrols on a 4-spoke steering, and "s line" badging throughout. But its also has a 1.6l petrol engine, which I thought Audi discontinued in this model after 2007-2008.

So, a bit of an enigma. I'm confident that the badgin, et am, came with the car from the dealer - they often make these sorts of mods as a way of spicing up the looks of their vehicles (e.g. every other BMW on the island has an "M" badge). However, I'd still like to get a sense of what it is I'm actually buying, so any hints on what to look for to identify various kit and trim levels would be most helpful.

Also, the car has 40K Km on the odometer, and is still under the dealer warranty until next February. So advice on what to watch for mechanically would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

RCK

View next topic
View previous topic