Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - 1995

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
flyingcoupe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hi

Last edited by flyingcoupe on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total 
Matt-Matt
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

flyingcoupe wrote:
hi im in london Romford - I have had a my 1995 coupe v 6 for about 3 years and others before that in my younger days i had a gt 2.1 im thinking of getting a s 2 in the next year or so when funds alow.

i do not have the information to replace the driver's door lock mechanism - it would be great if anyone could help me. I did see one on the forum but not my model thanks kev

I think the B3 and B4 have a very similar layout, as they're a very similar car. I suggest just following the guide on the Audi 90 that's stickied, because it will be very very similar.

shaun5
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

An Audi 90 saloon will have a different way of removing. A Coupe is slightly different. There are hidden bolts in the door pull which might stump you.

2 X screws front and rear of doorcard
1 X screw on the door release handle (pull the handle and you will see it) then release cable.
Where the electric switches are if you look from the ground up you will see 2 X 3mm holes, you need to put a 3 or 4mm allen key in there and try and locate the bolts, they don't need to be removed, just undo them a bit and pull the handle off. Remove switch wiring.
once that's off there are 2 more screws that hold 2 L shaped brackets on. Give the doorcard a pull upwards and it will come off.
That's about it

flyingcoupe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

spot on with the cards on the door ive sorted thst all ready the info im realy after was the door lock both inside and out side the door i have to replace it chears thank you

shaun5
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ideally you will need to remove the glass/frame which is held in with 4 bolts. Unfortunately you will have to re adjust it when refitting or you will get lots of wind noise when up to speed. Roughly mark the bolts with tip-ex.

Once that is removed you will see the door lock much better. There is one torx bolt at the front of the handle and at the back is a lever which you need to move (it will fall out) then the handle and lock will be free and you can remove. If your car has an immobiliser you will need to un attach the wire going to the lock (unclip the wire, the connector is at the front of the door I think)

flyingcoupe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ok cool thank you will give it a go when the lock gets here

thanks shaun5

View next topic
View previous topic