Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Looking for a good home for BladeRunners old car.

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
rob4206m
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I need to sell on BladeRunners (Jonathan’s) old car and would really like it to go to a good home. I don’t want to put it on Ebay (in the first instance at least) and was wondering if anyone here would like to buy it? It needs a bit of TLC (see below) and it could do with going to someone with the time / expertise to get it back running how it should. I hope the moderators don’t mind me posting this here instead of the classified section. I want to make sure it gets seen by people on this C4 forum and finds good home.

I bought the car from Jonathan’s old business partner. He bought it for his dad after Jonathan sadly past away, but he decided it wasn’t the car for him and I jumped at the chance when it appeared for sale. I’ve owned it for nearly a year now.

I’ve decided to sell it on for two reasons:

- I really need something with more ground clearance as I frequently need to drive down rough tracks. I’ve had to remove plastic gearbox tray as I started wearing a hole in it! Day to day driving on normal roads is fine, though care has to be taken on extra large speed bumps!

- Secondly, it’s not starting very well. It’s been like this since I bought it, but I’ve never managed to get to the bottom of why it’s doing it. It fires up after a couple of turns, but if you let go of the key too soon (immediately when it fires up) it either dies immediately or runs rough for a few seconds (like it’s not firing on all cylinders). If you keep the starter engaged for and extra second or two it starts ok. It does this when it’s cold (left overnight) or it’s been driven and then left for a couple of hours. It’s never failed to actually start, but it sounds embarrassing sometimes! It’s definitely worse in colder weather, though it’s also seems a bit random as to how it wants to behave! If you turn it off and straight back on again it starts perfectly. I also think it kicks out too much smoke (black/grey) under heavy acceleration, as I’m sure my old A6 wasn’t as smokey as this. This may well be related to the starting issue, but I don’t know.

Other things that need sorting:

- The exhaust has recently come apart at a weld just in front of the front silencer. I attempted to make temporary (bodge) repair to this using a jubilee clip and some wire, but obviously this needs sorting. I think it would possibly weld back together as it isn’t corroded, the weld just appears to have broken.
-Sometimes when you indicate left it doesn’t self correct.
-It needs two front tyres very soon.
-The washer jet isn’t working on the rear windsreen.

Other than the things listed above, the car is in extremely good condition. The bodywork is excellent and the steering / suspension / brakes all feel really good. Virtually the entire car was rebuilt by Jonathan at one point or another.

The MOT is due on the 16th Aug 2013 (No advisories at all last time around)
Tax is due end of April 2013.
I insured it with Adrian Flux who were fine with the CATD (before Jonathan bought it) and the modifications.

The car owes me £2000, but considering the starting/smoke issue and the exhaust I would part with it for £1500 (though I do need some money to buy something else!). The car is in Chesterfield. Cash on collection. If you are interest, drop me a PM and I’ll give you my contact details.

I’m sure that anyone who visited Jonathan’s old workshop like I’d did, could failed to be impressed by the work and attention to detail that he put into the car. I was always quite envious when I used to drop my rather batter looking A6 off at his workshop which had duct tape covering over rusty patches on the wings! The link below lists out the work he did:

http://www.audifans.net/ftopic-30399-previous.html

Regards

Rob

rob4206m
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A few photos....

1a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  242.34 KB
 Viewed:  891 Time(s)

1a.jpg

2a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.73 KB
 Viewed:  889 Time(s)

2a.jpg

3a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  191.03 KB
 Viewed:  883 Time(s)

3a.jpg

artb
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

a well sorted car from what i remember Cool

i know Jonathan used to love driving it..

i have one similar .[but not as good ] that bladerunner worked on..
Smile

rob4206m
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again everybody,

I’m sorry to say I’ve had no interest in Jonathan’s old car at all, but I really do have to sell it in the next couple of weeks (insurance expires and it’s parked in the road) so I’ve listed it on ebay as best I can.

Link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A6-2-5-TDI-/281087585458?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4172202cb2

If anyone knows of an A6 C4 enthusiast that might want it, but maybe hasn’t seen this posting please could people pass the above link on? I need to sell it, but it would be nice to see it go to a good home too.

Regards

Rob

spink
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rob,did you sell this car in the end?

As today I am 99% sure I saw it drive about 200 metres away from my workshop,same colour/wheels/and well lowered,only difference was that I think it has tinted windows now.Was defo a P plate but didnt see if was ORF

Never thought I would see that car around here again,or anywhere for that matter

rob4206m
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did sell it. I think the guy who bought it came from somewhere near Scarborough to pick it up if my memory is correct.

Good hear it lives on!

spink
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

small world

d-9
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

damn, wish I'd known this was for sale, would have snapped it up at that price!

View next topic
View previous topic