Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Over boost problem anything I'm missing? *SOLVED*

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
BladeRunner
Sadly no longer with us- RIP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Getting over boost, and a fault code

00575 - intake manifold presure 17-10 control difference - intermitant

Checked all the obvious, boost leaks vacumun pipes swaped out n75 and the other part can't remember the code for it, all worked ok on the other car could it be wastegate on the turbo?

It seems fine though the gears untill between 3K to 4k in 3rd gear where it goes flat. it's seems ECU reduces fueling when it gets too much boost it can't control

I did bypass all the electronic boost / fueling controls and it went like stink above 3k.. until I blew a IC pipe. Embarassed

a Vag com log shows it over boosting, will put the data from mine and a standard (other than same chips) ael later

I Have Genuine Vag Com Hex Can 2+2, Vag Tacho & Snap-on Modis latest software

Last edited by BladeRunner on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total 
jubbly
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmm any luck with it Jon?

ollieholt
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

could try an new MAP sensor... i dont know if it has an air pressure sensor im asuming so. might not really be overboosting might just think it is. clean up all your sensors, free and not to difficult.

sorry i cant help more.

BladeRunner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks chaps hadn't had the time to delve any further, mostly have my economy head on while driving recently so it's not a major annoyance, but would like to sort it out..

There are two parts to the boost control afaik, one is the Map or control (not sure what the code is without looking at the book), the other the valve solenoid N75, and I have a spare of each of these plus I had the other saloon, (sold to Simon), and swapping all the parts from the two cars they all worked on the saloon just fine. I also checked all the vacuum tubes too, seemed ok, but may just replace them to be sure, so I can't see what it could be other than the turbo wastegate valve itself ??

I have a spare turbo in bits here, so thinking I'll get a rebuild kit for it (only £60 -£70) before swapping it out.

I must post the vag-com logs I took of mine & the saloon, (both chipped with same chips), mine is clearly overboosting Confused

Did you get yours running ok again Jubbly btw?

jubbly
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jon,

Yeah she's running again plus the turbo's working so she's flying at the moment, had two problems the followers on cyl 1 weren't letting the valve close completely, also on the same cylinder the injector had gone down, the needle had shattered and was jut letting fuel poor in.

The injectors fitted at the moment only have the standard ael nozzle on. I may even put the pp502's back on now the turbo is working see what it's like Smile

BladeRunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Finally have a solution to this overboost.

It was a stuck wastegate valve, swapped out turbos, not a pleasant job which is why I've put it off for so long and the original turbo wastegate had no spring pressure on the wastegate valve when unbolted, not sure how stuck it was as I still can't get it out because the stainless cup seal is carbon welded to the main turbo housing..

car seems to go better think it was partially open as the turbo whistled with standard airbox delete / civic HKS mushroom filter.. with replacement turbo fitted (not new), it no longer whistles

View next topic
View previous topic